This is a Top Secret recipe version of Starbucks Lemon loaf.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) FLOUR
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) BAKING SODA
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) BAKING POWDER
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) SALT
- 3 EGGS
- 1 cup(s) SUGAR
- 2 tablespoon(s) BUTTER; Softened.
- 1 teaspoon(s) VANILLA
- 1 teaspoon(s) LEMON EXTRACT
- 1/3 cup(s) LEMON JUICE
- 1/2 cup(s) OIL
Lemon Icing Ingredients:
- 1 cup(s) POWDERED SUGAR; Plus 1 Tablespoon.
- 2 tablespoon(s) WHOLE MILK; I Used 2%.
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) LEMON EXTRACT
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Use a mixer to blend together the eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon extract and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Pour wet ingredient into the dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add oil and mix well.
- Pour batter into a well greased 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a toothpick stuck into center of the cake comes out clean.
- Make the lemon icing by combining all the icing ingredients in a small bowl with an electric mixer on low speed.
- When the loaf is cool, remove it from pan and frost the top with the icing.
- Let the icing set up before slicing.
Paneer samosa recipe is a fried snacks with a tangy and tasty spicy paneer filling. The paneer samosa contains a maida flour shell stuffed with spicy paneer-aloo mixture. Then deep fried it till turns little golden brown colour. Serve hot delicious samosas with a sweet or spicy chutney.
- Grated Ginger – 1/2 tbsp
- Green Chili (Slit) – 2-3 nos
- Potato (Boil and roughly mashed) – 3/4 cup
- Grated Paneer – 1/4 cup
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Maida (Fine flour) – 11/2 cup
- Oil (for dough) – 1/4 cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Water as needed –
- Ajwain – 1/2 tbsp
- For making dough:—- In a bowl, add oil, ajwain, salt and flour, mix well so oil incorporates well with flour.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
- Cover with moist cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- For the filling:—- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add green chili, ginger, mashed potato and paneer, fry for 5-6 min.
- Add garam masala and dry mango powder, mix well.
- Add coriander leaves, mix well and allow to cool.
- For making samosa:—-
- Make a thin 4-5 inch diameter round with small portion from the dough (like we make chapatti).
- Cut into two halves.
- Take one semi circle one, join the two corners of the straight line to form a cone.
- Place 2 tbsp of stuffing in the cone and apply little water in the edges and seal it nicely.
- Heat the oil in deep pan on medium flame, slide 2-3 samosa at a time.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown and crisp on both side.
- Serve hot paneer samosa with green or tamarind chutney.
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
2-3 T Olive oil (plus tiny bit more for drizzling at the end)
1 medium onion, sliced thin
3 cloves garlic, finely diced
1 medium zucchini, ends cut off and thinly sliced into circles
1 medium summer squash, ends cut off and thinly sliced into circles
pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Rosemary Asiago Cheese (or other cheese of choice)
1/3 +1/4 cup panko crumbs
Grated Parmesan for dusting on top
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh chopped Italian Parsley for garnish (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat, add garlic and onion and saute up, stirring occasionally (careful not to burn the garlic) until softened about 6-8 minutes.
- Add zucchini and squash to the same pan and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until softened, about 12 minutes.
- Add fresh grated nutmeg, pinch of salt and pepper and stir in well.
- Remove from heat and place contents of the pan into a large bowl to let cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Stir in your 2 1/2 cups cheese and 1/3 cup panko until well combined.
- Add contents of bowl to a glass casserole dish (8×8) At this point taste test for salt and pepper – add some only if needed.
- sprinkle the top with the remaining panko and Parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle with just a touch of olive oil.
- Place in the oven and bake about 10 minutes or until is gets bubbly around the edges.
- Turn on broiler and broil (keeping a close eye) an additional 3-4 minutes until slightly browned on top.
- Remove from the oven and let sit about 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh chopped Italian parsley and enjoy!
3 Med. Cucumbers Peeled and Sliced 1/4″
1 Med. Onion sliced and separate into rings
3 Med. tomatoes cut into wedges
1/2 C. Vinegar
1/4 C. Sugar
1 C. water
1/4 C. olive oil
1 tsp. ground pepper
a couple sprigs of dill (optional)
Combine all in a large bowl, toss making sure everything is coated well. Refrigerate for at least 2 hrs before serving.
1/3 cup brown sugar (not packed)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 apple, peeled and chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside. Beat white sugar and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until incorporated; add vanilla extract.
Combine flour and baking powder together in another bowl; stir into creamed butter mixture. Mix milk into batter until smooth. Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Next add half the apples and half the brown sugar cinnamon mixture. Lightly pat apple mixture into batter.
Pour the remaining batter over apple layer; top with remaining apples and add more brown sugar/cinnamon mixture. Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using a finger or spoon.
Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes.
Large head of romaine
15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 large orange bell pepper
1 pint cherry tomatoes
2 cups corn (I used frozen, thawed)
5 green onions
Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing* or other dressing of choice
Finely chop romaine, bell pepper, tomatoes, and green onions.
Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine.
Toss with desired dressing.
*Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing
1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
1-2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. white vinegar
1/8 tsp. salt
Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
2 large carrots, peeled and sliced about 1/2-inch thick
2 large red or green bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
8 ounces orange juice concentrate
2 cups Mandarin orange segments or fresh orange segments
2 Green onions, chopped
hot cooked rice
Put carrots, peppers, garlic, then the chicken, ginger, salt, pepper & frozen orange juice in Crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours. Serve chicken on hot cooked rice on platter. Top with orange segments and green onions. Serve chicken liquid in gravy boat, if desired.